Indian Army - SIDM Webinar on Agile EME: Facilitating Boots on Ground through Aggressive Industrial Outreach
Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (EME) is responsible for sustainment of war like Equipment of Indian Army. However, there are immense challenges in providing engineering support to such large inventory of diverse equipment. In order to overcome these challenges and take stock of engineering opportunities due to technological growth and Government initiatives, Corps of EME, Indian Army in partnership with SIDM is organising a Webinar on ‘Agile EME: Facilitating Boots on Ground through Aggressive Industrial Outreach’ on 14 December 2020.
The objectives of the webinar are to: -
- Attempt a comprehensive and progressive outreach programme with Defence industries towards addressing indigenisation and import substitution of critical assemblies / sub-assemblies.
- Charter a modernization course for workshops through understanding industrial latest technology trends.
- Mitigate identified resource voids through technology infusion by aggressive industrial outreach to facilitate condition-based equipment monitoring for major interferences.
- Explore organizational development in Army Base Workshops (ABWs) through industry 4.0 and Cross Learning with Industries.
The webinar will provide an excellent opportunity to Defence Industry to identify the recent and future requirements of Indian Army. It is aimed at reducing the footprint of import content in equipment / weapon platform with an end objective of ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’. The webinar will help create an R&D Sustenance culture for technology innovation and development in light of present and future requirements of Indian Army. Finally, the webinar will also provide a platform to the Indian Defence industry to bring out their problems in dealing with Defence forces and what holds them back in actively participating in indigenisation drive.
To download the Programme Structure, Click Here
Delegate Registration Fee: (Inclusive of GST)
- Complimentary for SIDM/ CII Members
- INR 1,000/- per delegate for Non- Members
The registration for the webinar is open for Indian nationals or representatives of Indian and Foreign companies having Indian passport.