Indian Defence Industry Global Outreach for Collaborative Partnerships : Webinars & Expo
To promote defence exports and global partnership for Indian Defence Industry, Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) in partnership with the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence, Government of India and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is organising a series of Global Outreach Webinars and Expo. In the initial phase of the global outreach initiative scheduled from 24th September till 15th November 2020, Webinars will be held with Indian Missions from Australia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, Nepal, Nigeria, Oman, Seychelles, South Africa, Thailand, UAE, UK, USA and Uzbekistan with participation from respective Government Procurement Agencies and Industry.
Key highlights of the outreach initiative include:
- Country Specific Sessions with participation of Government agencies from both the countries.
- Explore export opportunities for Indian defence and aerospace companies in the focused countries through direct participation in procurement programmes, offsets and Line of Credit wherever applicable.
- Explore opportunities for JVs and Technology Tie-Ups.
- Understand the procurement procedures of focused countries.
- Showcase products and services to the international target audience through virtual exhibition of Indian defence products and technologies.
- B2B Opportunities with potential International buyers / procurement agencies.
- Industry capability presentations to international procurement agencies.
- Signing of MoUs / LoIs / Contracts during the virtual sessions.
Over the past few years, the Indian Defence Industry has been galvanised through progressive policy and procedural reforms which has catapulted the Industry to serve not only Indian requirements but also meet global demand.
In progressing the theme of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’, the MoD has further given a greater impetus by introducing the `Draft DAP 2020’ and `Draft Defence Production and Export Promotion Policy 2020’, soon to be announced, which further aids `Ease of Doing Business’ and emphasize and reinstates the goal of achieving $5 billion in defence exports by 2025.
Immediate spin-offs from increased exports will not only help Indian Industries in attaining international quality standards in manufacturing and technology implementation but will also help them overcome issues of economies of scale thus improving global competitiveness.
Towards this, as partners of the MoD, SIDM has been given the responsibility to organise Global Outreach Webinars for Collaborative Partnerships and promoting exports to 15 countries in the first phase.
The Webinars will be hosted on CII’s Digital Conference-cum-Exhibition Platform “CII HIVE” where the Industry will have the opportunity to exhibit and showcase their products to the global defence market. The event will draw the following visitors over the period of two and a half months and beyond:
(a) Procurement Officials from Foreign Governments
(b) User agencies from Foreign Countries
(c) Foreign Industry (donor and recipient)
(d) Officials from the Indian Ministry of Defence.
To register your participation: Click here to Register
While participation in these Webinars is complimentary, setting up of company stalls for the entire duration of webinars, will come at a nominal cost of INR 15000/- (plus GST) for SIDM Members and INR 20,000/- (plus GST) for non-members. Industries who have earlier set up stall on SIDM Platform `Hive’ can avail special rates.
For further details, Members may contact Mr Amit Kumar (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr Avnish Patnaik (email@example.com).