Interaction with industry on GoCo Model for Army Base Workshops
SIDM organized an interactive session with the industry on 05 February 2018 to understand industry views on the recent initiative of the Ministry of Defence to allow the private sector to operate and manage the 8 Army Base Workshops under GoCo model.
- Directorate EME should share a list of challenges & issues that prospective bidders may face. Contracting model, Scope of Work, Obligations etc. must be clearly outlined in a detailed project report.
- To be able to operate ABWs efficiently, the industry must develop expertise, manpower, process, procedures in a phased manner.
- Familiarisation of work philosophy of workshops, well publicised visits for 3-4 days at a common date by industry representatives should be planned.
- Clarity on limits / restriction on a number of workshops private players can bid for must be specified.
- Assured orders - 10 year assured target plan should be given to the operator of each workshop.