Master Class: Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP) 2020
The Aerospace and Defence sector has been designated as one of the key sectors under “Make in India” and “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan” initiatives of Government of India, which are aimed at increasing the contribution of manufacturing from the current 16.2% to 25% of GDP, and achieving ‘self-reliance’ in this strategic sector. Ministry of Defence has taken several Policy and Procedure reforms to enable all industry stakeholders – Indian public & private industry as well as foreign OEMs - to participate in its forthcoming projects. The MOD has taken steps not only to galvanise indigenous defence production but also give impetus to defence exports.
To familiarize the industry stakeholders on several aspects of the Defence Acquisition Procedure – 2020, brought into effect from 01 October 2020 by Ministry of Defence, Government of India, the Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) in collaboration with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is organizing a Master Class on 18 – 20 January 2021. The Class will be conducted in three Sessions of 150 Minutes each on 18th, 19th and 20th January.
The contents of Master Class are designed to meet the needs of the Industry to understand the acquisition organisation of Ministry of Defence and the Services, main features of DAP 2020 and details of acquisition processes stipulated therein.
Session I – 18 January 2021, 4.00-6.30 PM
- Acquisition Organisation of Ministry of Defence & Services
- Categories of Acquisition and Decision Flow
- Indigenous Content – Definition, Method of Computation & contractual requirements
Session II – 19 January 2021, 4.00-6.30 PM
- Acquisition Procedure for “Buy” and “Buy and Make” Categories
- Eligibility Criteria
- Salient Commercial Feature
- Standard Contract Clauses and their implications
Session III – 20 January 2021, 4.00-6.30 PM
- Acquisition procedure for “Make” and “Innovation” categories
- Procedure for “Lease” category
- Strategic Partnership Model – salient features
Each session will have a live Q&A session to enable an exchange of views and experiences.
The Master Class will be conducted by Rear Admiral Pritam Lal (Retd), a well-known domain expert, who has conducted the Defence Acquisition Management Courses during the years 2016 to 2019. He was extensively involved with the preparation industry recommendations for review of DPP 2016 and draft Defence Acquisition Procedure 2020 and presenting the same to the various sub-committees constituted by MOD.
Registration Fee: (Inclusive of GST)
- SIDM & CII Members – INR 5000/- per delegate
- Other Indian Companies – INR 10,000/- per delegate
- Foreign Companies – INR 20,000/- per delegate
For more details, please contact
M: +91 9899583635
M: +91 9990059163