SIDM MSME CONCLAVE 2020
SIDM MSME CONCLAVE 2020
“A Digital Exhibition and Conference of MSMEs in Defence & Aerospace”
18 May – 3 June 2020
The Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM), in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), is organising the MSME Conclave 2020 as a Digital Exhibition and Conference from 18 May – 3 June 2020.
- Organised by the Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Supported by the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence
- First ever Virtual Exhibition and Conferences on Defence & Aerospace Industry
- Seminar on Scheme for Promotion of MSMEs in Defence Sector by the Department of Defence Production, Government of India
- Conferences with Army, Navy & Air Force, focussing on opportunities for MSME in Indigenisation and Make II projects.
- DRDO – Industry interaction with special focus on MSMEs in Defence R&D Projects.
- Virtual Vendor Development Meets with buyer organisations under the Ministry of Defence
- Virtual B2B Meetings between Buyer Organisation and Exhibitors
- Structured visits of Buyer Organisations to the Virtual Exhibition Stalls.
Why SIDM MSME Conclave?
Objective of the SIDM MSME Conclave 2020 is to help MSMEs mitigate the risk of lockdown due to spread of COVID – 19 by identifying new business avenues in the Defence & Aerospace Sector. Participation at the SIDM MSME Conclave would enable MSMEs to showcase their products / services and capability to:
- Defence Public Sector Undertakings / Ordnance Factories to be a tier-I / tier-II supplier.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation Laboratories to be an outsourcing partner for R&D
- Army, Navy & Air Force to be a partner for indigenous development of various technologies as well as supplier of various spares and components
- Foreign OEMs to be a trusted partner for discharge of offset obligations
The Conclave would also feature Digital Conferences covering various business avenues for MSMEs by bringing together key stakeholders to discuss business opportunities for both new and existing entrants, review the challenges faced by the MSMEs and propose reforms measures to remove roadblocks impeding their growth. Policies and opportunities in the global defence market will be covered under special sessions, including legal issues and regulatory regimes. Structured B2B Sessions with a focus on Make II Projects will also be organised for the benefit of the Exhibitors.
Why Defence MSMEs have a fighting chance?
Most government establishments are expected to reduce spending across sectors over the next 6-9 months. Defence and the healthcare sectors are however likely to be exceptions. Defence, in particular, will remain a national priority due to security reasons; offset discharge obligations of foreign OEMs worth over USD 5 Bn and the country’s goal of exporting USD 7 billion of defence products by 2025. Therefore, not only will the Defence & Aerospace industry in India remain viable, but it will in all likelihood pull in players from other sectors to clear backlogs and avail emerging opportunities. SIDM believes that many MSMEs from affected sectors will enter the Defence & Aerospace sector. This integration of non-defence MSMEs into the defence manufacturing supply chain will be critical to the national goal of “self-reliance” in defence.
SIDM MSME Conclave cum Exhibition 2020 will be Digital
The SIDM MSME Conclave will be hosted on a Digital Conference-cum-Exhibition Platform. It will provide all the benefits of physical conclave without the logistics and other related costs. Participants can set up the company stall and attend B2B events and conferences from the comfort of their home / office. The defining features of this digital event are:
- Digital exhibition stalls with helpdesk feature that allows prospective customers to browse through company’s products and offerings, independent of time zones and geography.
- Digital B2B Lounge where one can connect with prospective business allies.
- Digital Conferencing and Sessions enable participants to attend seminars and other sessions at the conclave from the safety of their home or office.
- Digital Library archives the sessions and talks so that participants can view them at their convenience.
Facilities available in the Digital Exhibition Stall for the Exhibitors:
- Publish company information: Company Name, Banner, logo, brochure, Introduction Video, Brief Write-up about your company, contact details, company Website etc.
- Product/Service information: Photographs / Images of products / services; Videos showcasing Product / Capability; product Brochures; product Write-up; product Website/URLs. Each exhibitor can upload up to 10 product details in each stall.
- Company/Booth Representatives: Visitors can connect with booth representatives via live Chat, Email, SMS or leave a message.
- Analytics & Instant Alerts with Information of Visitors: Each exhibitor can access contact details of business visitors visited their stall.
- Complimentary Delegate Registration: Each exhibitor will be eligible for registration of 3 complimentary delegates.
SIDM MSME Conclave Exhibition Fee:
- INR 18,000/- + GST for SIDM / CII Members
- INR 25,000/- + GST for SIDM / CII Non-Members
Delegate Fee per delegate (Rs. 1,000 for SIDM or CII Members / Rs. 2,000 for Non SIDM or CII Members). This delegate fee covers all the Conferences and Seminars organised as part of the SIDM SME Conclave 2020. To register as a delegate, please register through the top menu 'Register'
Pre Requisite to attend the Digital Conference and Exhibition An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Minimum bandwidth recommended is 2 Mbps (up/down). A microphone – built-in to the computer or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth. Built-in headset jack from laptop or desktop and camera (Built-in or Web), would add value. Even if the laptop or desktop has speakers, it is strongly recommended to plug in a headset so that the sound from the speakers does not cause an echo during the meeting.